To supply products on the market in the European Economic Area (EEA), CE Marking is mandatory. With the CE marking on a product the manufacturer ensures that the product conforms with the essential requirements of the applicable EC directives.
MSCS provides advice and assistance in compliance with the Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008, that implement the European Directive on Machinery Safety 2006/42/EC, Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC (The new Low Voltage Directive (2014/35/EU) has now been published. This will come fully into force on 20 April 2016) and the EMC Directive 2004/108/EC (The new EMC directive (2014/30/EU) has been published and will come into force on 20 April 2016).
We CE Mark all kinds of machinery from small pneumatic machines and production/packaging machinery through to major installations and even earth moving and excavators. Most importantly, if we CE mark your equipment, we will sign the Declaration of Conformity and take legal responsibility for the work we do.
MSCS can carry out CE Marking testing and certification on products and machinery for you. Our expert practitioners can make the task easy by providing:
- Comprehensive risk assessments as required by the Essential Health and Safety Requirements.
- Advice on control measures to ensure compliance.
- Compilation of the Technical Construction File.
- Raising of a Declaration of Conformity or Declaration of Incorporation.
- If required, act as the Authorised Representative established within Europe.
- Holding the Technical Construction File for both EU and non EU companies.